Progress On Project pt. 1

To start, learning the CAD rhino was really interesting and intuitive, I had bounced between that and Fusion and they both have their pros and cons but Rhino is certainly the way to go for beginners. 

So 3D modelling my satellite from the previous blog post I plan on laser cutting the components for a much cleaner look. 
Using a notch and lock system I plan on using little to no glue. Some concerns I have at the moment is the weight and mechanisms of the model.  The base will be rotated by a servo motor and my concern is that there will not be enough torque from the weight of the 1/8in. MDF. Also, I am stuck between using a servo or DC motor for the winch as I am unsure the 180-degree travel of the servo will be enough to pull the head of the satellite to the degree desired. 

As per the Lazer cutting, I will hopefully be doing that today. also incorporating some sort of audio component to the work. An Atari punk console? 
^Ready for Cutting^

Comments

Popular Posts